Upstream Operations Systems Information Technology Program Manager- Lean - Prince2
|Company:||The Madison Davis Group|
|Company Industries:||Energy/Utilities, Manufacturing, Engineering, Chemicals, Other|
|Min Experience Level:||10-15 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - Relocation Support is available|
|Posted:||Friday, August 17, 2012|
§ Extensive and relevant people management and project management experience with a demonstrable record of successful delivery.Ability to manage a program of multiple projects.
§ Proven business analysis, facilitation and/or process change management experience.
§ Strong leadership skills, preferably with experience of leading a small department or project team and of managing/developing staff as well as mentoring/coaching.
§ Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
§ Ability to work with all levels of the organization and high level of interpersonal skills in managing team members and customer relationships.
§ Detailed knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry, ideally in the areas of production operations, especially in large unconventional assets.
§ Demonstrable understanding of leading industry software applications and workflows within these functional areas of responsibility, in particular Production Data Management Systems (PDMS).
§ Delivery-focus with an emphasis on task ownership and completion. Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, methodical and diligent approach.
§ Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
§ Willingness to travel in support of project activity where required.
§ Problem solving – Innovative thinking to develop new technical approaches to solve specific problems.
§ Objective thinking to ensure solutions continue to evolve with changing business needs and climate.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
§ BSc degree in Engineering or relevant discipline.
§ Formal accreditation in a leading project management methodology (Prince2, PMP, Lean Six Sigma etc…).
§ Proven experience in a related technical/managerial role.
§ Strong understanding of lean manufacturing processes and the systems that support these effectively
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
The primary responsibility of the IT Manager, Operations Systems is to direct a team of project leads, systems analysts & contractors who provide IT project management, support and business analysis services for the global unconventional production business unit. The team’s responsibility is to deliver on projects and partner with the business to achieve business objectives through the effective use of technology.
The successful candidate will work closely with the business on a variety of projects from inception through completion. The type of work will include strategic reviews, requirements analysis, technology evaluation, solution architecture, application implementation, process reengineering and project management.
Strong people and project management, and sound analytical and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this position, as well as possessing a strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes.
The Unconventionals business makes extensive use of lean process management and is driven by standardizing processes. The IT systems implemented in this unit should facilitate and support these standard processes and lean philosophy.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work as part of a wider global team to provide business analysis/facilitation support to the Unconventionals business unit as required, within the functional responsibility of the Operations Systems team. Specifically:
- Conduct strategic reviews of existing processes and technologies.
- Gather and analyze detailed business requirements.
- Convert requirements into an architecture and design for the solution being created.
- Coordinate the development, testing and implementation of robust solutions.
- Define, plan and execute projects to address the underlying requirements.
- Provide process and technology guidance and leadership in line with technology principles, IT standards, and industry best practices.
- Define and implement a standard suite of integrated unconventional asset operational tools.
· Apply formal project management methodologies and reporting practices in line with IT project guidelines and principles, to ensure timely and effective delivery of technical projects
· Develop, build and maintain relationships with key business customers and other stakeholders to build trust and cooperation, to ensure continued alignment with their business objectives and strategies, and to help achieve partner status.
· Work closely with the Production Excellence team to implement their expectations from a system perspective.
· Liaise closely with other functional IT groups, as appropriate, to ensure Enterprise Architecture principles, technology standards and process best practices are observed, promoted and upheld, and to help build the reputation of the IT organization as a value-added service to the business.
· Utilize internal and external resources to raise awareness of industry research and trends.
· Develop the annual budget and steward the process.
· Plan, coordinate and administer activities of direct reports and consultants.
· Manage and adhere to a global application portfolio including optimal licensing in order to ensure cost efficiency.