Director, Operational Excellence/Master Black Belt
|Company Industries:||Manufacturing, Healthcare|
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Thursday, June 21, 2012|
- Bachelor's degree strongly recommended
- Advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years experience
- Lean and or Six Sigma Certification required; Master Black Belt Certification preferred
- Previous Operations Management experience preferred
- Supply Chain Experience a plus
Apply today at: www.cardinalhealth.com/careers
Click on Search for Jobs and type in job number 11004182in the “Job Number” search field
EOE M/F/D/V Diversity Works Here
See job description
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Family: Operational Excellence
What Operational Excellence contributes to Cardinal Health:
Operational Excellence is responsible for identifying and executing against performance improvement opportunities, supporting successful implementations within the enterprise, and building people capabilities within Cardinal Health, using contemporary performance improvement tools.
What is expected of you for success in your role:
- Demonstrates significant experience in applying contemporary improvement tools and producing results for a business segment
- Demonstrates deep leadership and/or management expertise
- Assesses current business performance for a specific business segment/unit and/or function
- Works with multiple teams of business practitioners and/or pursues independent actions to synthesize findings and develop improvement recommendations
- Has been directly responsible for broad organizational improvement efforts
- Is fully certified as Master Black and/or Lean Belt Sensei
- Develops action plans and identifies/assigns resources to execute plans
- Collaborates with customers and suppliers on cross-organizational improvement opportunities
- Trains all levels and develops new Master Black Belts
- Coaches and mentors at all levels, making final certification determinations
What is expected of you and others at this level in Quality & Regulatory Affairs for functional success:
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
- Uses deep subject matter/functional expertise, influence and process skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and meet their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity implications.
- Encourages informed Risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation at Cardinal Health; generates practical, sustainable and creative options to solve problems and create business opportunities, while maximizing existing resources.
- Champions and leads change initiatives; identifies the best approach for implementing strategic processes in light of cultural and diversity