Operational Excellence Manager – Transactional
|Company:||The Avery Point Group|
|Company Industries:||Manufacturing, Diversified, Distribution|
|Min Experience Level:||10-15 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - Excellent Base and Bonus - No Relocation Available|
|Posted:||Saturday, July 28, 2012|
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Engineering, Business Administration, or MIS Degree
- 5 to 7+ years professional work experience, with at least 3 years’ experience leading and executing process improvement projects in a Lean / Six Sigma capacity in a transactional setting and/or supply chain/distribution setting.
- Formal Lean training and experience with Value Stream Management tools, kaizen methods and other key Lean tools and methodologies considered a plus
- Certified Lean Six Sigma / Six Sigma Black Belt a plus
- Extensive transactional Lean Six Sigma experience / background in support of manufacturing and/or supply chain operations.
- Exposure and experience with SAP or with other enterprise management systems is a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Strong influencing skills and credibility to interact at all levels – including c-suite level leadership
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This position would play a key role in leveraging continuous improvement tools and methodologies to clearly define the business’s current state transactional value streams, driving out waste, redundant/broken processes and improving overall process execution. The position would also be responsible for helping to align the business resources in order to execute and implement the business’s future state high performance business model. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels, creating value and buy-in as a key change facilitator helping to drive the company’s Lean Six Sigma transformation across its transactional value streams.
- This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating Lean Six Sigma projects in support of business objectives.
- This position will help provide mentoring / training to key organization stakeholders on the use and practice of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools.
- This position will partner with key leadership and management stakeholders to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities utilizing voice of the customer (VOC), organizational, analytical, Lean Six Sigma problem solving methodologies.
- This position will assist in the process of selecting, scoping and prioritizing Lean Six Sigma projects across the business.
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean Six Sigma Kaizen transformation events and projects targeted towards improving the business’s transactional performance
- This position will deliver significant and quantifiable process improvement and financial benefit across the organization on assigned projects
- Lead by example as an active change agent by managing complex projects and leverage influencing skills that come from prior Lean and Six Sigma experience.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean Six Sigma transformation.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Operational Excellence Manager – Transactional (Wisconsin)
Milwaukee, WI Area
Director of Operational Excellence
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Local Milwaukee Candidate is Preferred
Our retained client is a multimillion dollar commercial and industrial fulfillment company based in the Milwaukee area that is seeking to gain a further competitive advantage by leveraging Lean Six Sigma as a key part of their corporate strategy.