Process Specialist Manager
|Company:||J.R. Simplot Company|
|Company Industries:||Food and Beverages, Agriculture, Manufacturing|
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - Salary DOE + bonus + benefits + relocation|
|Posted:||Monday, May 07, 2012|
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business Administration, Engineering Management, Food Science, or a related field.
- Must have Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Juran Institute Trained. Master Black Belt Certification - Juran Institute Trained – is preferred.
- Prior work experience as Process Specialist or four plus years of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge in the areas of Lean Manufacturing, Juran Six Sigma, K-T Project Management, statistics, production methods, quality standards, food processing GMP’s with food processing experience, preferably in a USDA-inspected food processing environment, is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
- Must have demonstrated expense savings from Six Sigma projects of significant size (upwards of $500K -$1.0 million).
- Must display leadership capabilities including and not limited to having positive energy, the ability to energize others, the ability to make tough decisions, and the ability to execute our strategy. Must be a recognized cultural change leader.
- Must be able to express and present ideas effectively in individual and group situations; set high goals and standards of excellence in procedures and performance for self, subordinates and the organization; work effectively with teams and work groups of those inside and outside the formal line of authority.
- Successful candidates must possess the ability to write reports, technical procedures and effectively present information to groups and customers.
- Incumbent will be required to potentially work weekends and off shifts. Must be flexible and willing to alter schedule on a short notice.
- Directs the coordination and management of EBU factory Processes Specialists, who report directly to this position. Ensures performance development process (PDP) for direct reports is administered as required and that individual goals and development needs are identified and monitored for performance and feedback.
- Works closely with facility Unit Directors and their staffs to help develop, coach, and lead multifunctional teams to work on projects at the facilities in order to make improvements to operational performance, product quality, and processes.
- Actively recruits, develops, and provides direction and assistance to individuals at the plant locations interested in obtaining Six Sigma Green Belt certification. Provides analysis, recommendations for improvement, reporting, and technical oversight/support to all Six Sigma certified employees and their projects.
- Supports the strategic plan for J.R. Simplot Company Food Group; mentors and advises project specialist’s and plant management on prioritizing, charting, and launching projects that support the strategic direction of the Emerging Business Unit.
- Assists plants in developing plans to integrate the Six Sigma approach into the business strategy and deliver enhancements resulting in cost, quality, and process improvements.
- Apply and Teach Six Sigma and Lean Process tools and methods to improve management processes: Will use and teach tools and apply management process knowledge and methods to the factory Process Specialists and Green Belts and subject matter experts for Six Sigma and Lean projects.
- Monitors and ensures that Lean Processing and Six Sigma Breakthrough Steps are Correctly Applied: Monitors and ensures that factory Process Specialist and Green Belts are actively applying the Lean Processing and Six Sigma breakthrough steps in a correct manner to solve chronic problems, remove waste, and to plan new services of products. Will monitor the progress and ensure that each location is aligning projects with business objectives and the strategic plan.
- Ensures the interface with support personnel or groups is conducted in a participative management style that is conductive with operational goals.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner, ensuring confidentiality regarding sensitive issues and ensuring personnel appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the Company.
- Ensures that additional accountabilities as may be required by management are handled in a manner necessary to meet operational goals.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Process Specialist Manager position available. This Manager can be located at either our Charleroi, PA or West Memphis, AR facility.
This Process Specialist Manager will be responsible for leading, directing, and managing Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement processes throughout the Food Group - Emerging Business Unit Facilities, resulting in cost and/or quality improvements that advance the business. The incumbent will apply knowledge of Six Sigma processes to direct, lead, and support multi-disciplinary improvement processes that require evaluation, planning, implementation, and follow-up. This manager will lead root- cause analysis, provide analytical and financial analyses/studies, and drive non-capital improvements leveraging available improvement tools such as Six Sigma and Lean. The person in this position will identify opportunities for continuous improvement of process lines and overall plant operations by reviewing plant performance and making recommendations to the Capital Plan that drive performance and efficiencies. This manager will direct the coordination and management of individual plant Process Specialists and all defined and/or group initiated process improvement activities, personnel, and other resources involved in the analysis, planning, implementation, documentation and support of Emerging Business Unit operations process improvement projects. This position reports to the Emerging Business Unit - Sr. Project Director –Manufacturing. The incumbent will be located and work out of the West Memphis plant location and will be required to travel up to 30%.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Memphis, a city of pure energy and pure soul. You can hear it in the clubs on Beale Street, taste it in the back alley barbecue joints and in upscale restaurants. Feel it in the magnetic energy of the world-class events and world-famous attractions. The city is easily accessible in this three state region, with excellent interstate, county, and city road systems.
Charleroi, PA is 25 miles south of Pittsburgh in scenic Washington County, which boasts a number of historic and architectural landmarks such as covered bridges, the National Pike, and its courthouse is considered one of the finest examples of Italian renaissance architecture in the United States. Pittsburg is home to national football, baseball, and hockey teams, as well as a downtown Cultural Corridor which displays some of the world's finest works of art, natural science, and antiquities exhibits. Pittsburgh's Highland Park features the Pittsburgh Zoo and the remarkable new children's zoo, Kids Kingdom, and the National Aviary!