Business Unit Leader
|Company Industries:||Food and Beverages|
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Tuesday, November 27, 2012|
* B.S. Degree in Business, Engineering, Quality or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
* 5 - 7 years of operations experience with increasing responsibility.
* Strong Leadership/interpersonal skills.
* Strong analytical/critical thinking.
* Strong accountability and follow-through skills.
* Must have a flexible schedule including some weekends and holidays if needed.
* Development and implementation of lean technologies.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
* Lead section/unit ensuring the most cost-effective production process while meeting production schedules at the lowest possible cost.
* Responsible for section/unit compliance in all safety and quality regulations, policies, training and education requirements.
* Lead productivity and CI projects in the section focusing on permanent controllable cost reduction.
* Integrate technical/maintenance expertise into the section/unit, leading all total predictive maintenance activities.
* Manage team leaders/production/operations supervisors/business unit leaders ensuring people development and training are implemented while developing a team culture.
* Prepare section budgets, responsible for collecting costs and line performance and tracking deviations and responsible for taking immediate action for improvement.
* If applicable, ensure section/unit is in compliance with all collective bargaining provisions.
* The Business Unit Leader position requires the ability to be action oriented with demonstrated ability to lead teams.
* The individual should be proficient in leading/managing manufacturing key performance indicators.
* While in the role, the individual will be responsible for leading an entire production process within the Section / Unit, usually comprised of several production lines, fulfilling safety and quality norms in accordance with principles of continuous improvement, and delivering KPI's in a consistent way.
* The individual is required to coordinate on a daily basis with Quality Assurance, Business Development, Production Logistics, Plant. Controlling, Procurement and Human Resources to deliver on all manufacturing targets.