Lean-Six Sigma Master Black Belt - Office of Transformation
|Company:||Sutter Health East Bay Region|
|Min Experience Level:||3-5 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Wednesday, July 04, 2012|
- Lean-Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification required; Graduate-level degree in business, healthcare, industrial engineering, industrial psychology and related fields are preferred
- Prior experience coaching, teaching and applying Lean Six Sigma as a Master Black Belt in various industries including in a transactional environment is required; Healthcare Ambulatory settings preferred.
- This individual must have a comprehensive understanding of business management systems with experience in the business of health care delivery, and have previous skill in teaching and coaching leaders without formal authority
- Must have expert knowledge and skill of both Lean Six Sigma toolsets (DMAIC and DMADV) along with advanced Master Black Belt tools and techniques
- Strong interest and ability to teach complex statistical, quality, leadership and change management topics is essential; Skill in coaching on-the-job application of new skills is also critical
- Will use appropriate Black Belt and lean tools including Minitab, Crystal Ball, Statistica and other Lean Six Sigma software
As one of the nation’s leading, not-for-profit networks of community-based healthcare providers, Alta Bates Summit Medical Centeroffers all the benefits of a large network and the support you need to help you strengthen your career and the lives of your patients.To learn more and apply, please contact Melvin Freeman, CHCR, Regional Recruitment and Project Lead, at email@example.com. To apply online, please visit www.SHEBRCareers.com.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Treating patients with quality care means moving beyond the bedside and starting as soon as they step through our doors. It’s a simple belief that stretches across the Sutter Health East Bay Region of Alameda and Contra Costa counties, and to everyone at Sutter Health. Within our environment of collaboration, you’ll find your ideas are put to work improving patient care along every step of their visit. You’ll be challenged to make a difference while receiving every opportunity to succeed and, most importantly, work to transform healthcare one patient at a time.
This position serves as a Lean-Six Sigma (LSS) expert coach, instructor and tool/methodology innovator for the East Bay Region and its affiliated companies with a special emphasis on the medical foundation. He/she coaches regional and affiliate executives (e.g. REOs, CEOs, A-team members) on Lean-Six Sigma Management system elements, including project selection, belt candidate selection, learning through certification, and remedy replication. This includes coaching executives, belts in training, and team members to:
- Diagnose dashboard gaps
- Influence the application of appropriate Lean-Sigma methods that ensure realization of short, medium, and multi-year dashboard goals
- Ensure successful project selection, planning and execution of kaizen events
- Participate in a region-wide hoshin planning process
This person has primary responsibility for development, updating and delivery of Lean-Six Sigma curriculum; including phase-gate review approval, project tracking and certification board leadership. He/she teaches and coaches executives (CEOs), Black Belts (BB) in Training and team members and innovates improvements to traditional Lean Six Sigma methods, tools, and training.