Process Improvement Consultant, Principal
|Company:||Pacific Gas & Electric|
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Thursday, June 07, 2012|
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Lean Six Sigma Certified Black Belt status or MBA
- 5 years relevant experience (project management, business analysis, LSS tools and techniques, leading or managing significant, cross-functional process improvement projects
- Travel required 25% of time.
- Business planning and strategy knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge in technical/professional concepts and affinity for identifying trends and actions following those trends.
- Demonstrated business planning and strategy knowledge
- Demonstrated industry analysis and economics knowledge
- Utility experience
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Please apply via our careers page at www.pge.com to job number: 12001058 to be considered.
The Utility Performance Improvement (UPI) team provides a disciplined, data-driven problem-solving approach that uses a proven set of tools and techniques to improve business performance. The high profile team provides a great place for energized and talented employees to ignite their career, to make a contribution and to be recognized. The work provides challenge and variety of experience including Lean Six Sigma strategy, human performance and safety improvement activities, and efficiency projects at PG&E.
The Senior Principal Process Improvement Consultant provides program management and technical expertise in the area of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) deployment and/or process execution. This candidate facilitates identification and prioritization of process improvement portfolio. They will actively lead continuous improvement project teams and applies Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools to continuous improvement efforts to achieve financial and customer benefits. This candidate will facilitate LSS training (WorkOut, Green Belt, and Black Belt), coach and mentor Green Belts and Black Belts. The ideal candidate have advanced or master-level competencies related to benchmarking, comparative analysis consulting and meeting facilitation, influencing others, project management principles, practices and techniques, managing data and excellent communication skills. They will have demonstrated ability to provide rigorous process review and strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Drive business results, audit, and develop procedures consistent with PG&E LSS and Business Process Excellence Standards.
- Evaluate and recommend operational standards to the organization. Able to facilitate and train groups of professionals to a Green Belt level.
- Help prioritize, select and charter high-impact projects; maintaining the integrity of the Lean Six Sigma measurements, improvements and tollgates.
- Coordinate performance improvement activity to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and sharing of best practice
- Drive Process Ownership mind set through out the organization
- Ensure tracking and measurement of all projects is complete.
- Work on complex non-routine problems that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions
- Works with clients and peers across PG&E organizations.
- Coordinate the activities of others in or outside the department. Coach and develop less experienced coordinators and other employees.