Continuous Improvement Specialist, Full-Time
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Wednesday, July 25, 2012|
The ideal candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of direct experience in LEAN facilitation, including value streams and LEAN management systems.
1. Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously.
2. Ability to use tact, judgment and diplomacy.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to facilitate a team to defined outcomes in a timely manner.
5. Ability to prioritize, plan and execute.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to coach and provide feedback.
8. Project management skills.
9. Understands importance of “go and see” and A3 actual work.
Submit resume online: http://www.nemourscareers.com/jobs/40644/
Or visit www.nemours.org
Nemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
At Nemours, we’re dedicated to achieving higher standards in children’s health. And we begin by caring for every child as if they were our own. For more than 70 years, this has been the Nemours Way.
Nemours began with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children. Today, our team of 4,200 dedicated Associates, including more than 420 pediatric physicians, has cared for millions of kids. But it’s the special way we care that’s made Nemours a trusted choice for families across the country.
We’re more than a children’s hospital. As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours delivers care differently. We’ve made a promise to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. It’s a promise that extends beyond our nationally recognized clinical care to an entire integrated spectrum of research, advocacy, education and prevention services for all families in the communities we serve.
The Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children - Wilmington, Delaware
Our 200-bed hospital offers intensive and acute inpatient and outpatient services covering more than 30 disciplines. Our internationally recognized programs include blood and bone marrow transplantation, cardiology, genetics, orthopedics and solid organ transplantation. The Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children serves thousands of children in the Delaware Valley, across the country and around the world.
The needs of a child in the hospital today are increasingly complex, so we'll be adding exciting new capabilities to better meet those needs for the future. Plans include a multiphase hospital expansion, which will include a larger pediatric intensive care unit with state-of-the-art technology, a new inpatient care building with all-private rooms, an expanded Emergency Department and patient family amenities.
In addition to feeling good about what you do and where you work, Nemours Associates enjoy our comprehensive Total Rewards package. Here are just a few examples of the Total Rewards available to our full-time Associates:
• Unique to Nemours: premium- free medical and prescription drug coverage to eligible dependents of full-time Associates
• Excellent retirement plan options
• A generous and extensive continuing education program
• A broad range of specialty programs
• Competitive salaries
• Excellent health and dental benefit plans
• Tuition reimbursement
Nemours is seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our team in Delaware.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist II provides continuous improvement support to Nemours by functioning as an educator, analyst, facilitator, consultant and/or project manager as required. This individual will work throughout the system with a broad range of stakeholder groups to leverage benchmarking and best practices to improve labor, supply and space utilization and support associate engagement and to promote a patient and family focus.
1. Facilitates, guides and supports enterprise, departmental or cross-departmental continuous improvement work as directed by executive leadership. This encompasses preparation and planning for workshops and value stream/model lines, implementation and periodic audits of the work completed.
2. Participates in tactical planning for the continuous improvement work to be done in concert with Nemours leadership. Develops, maintains and revises work plans as appropriate. Monitors outcomes. Integrates work with other departmental initiatives and revises as needed.
3. Contributes to the development and promotion of standard work across the organization.
4. Researches and identifies relative benchmarks to be used in the establishment of daily management measures to ensure compliance and improvement of standard work.
5. Assists Nemours leadership in developing proficiency in continuous improvement methodologies and approaches. Provides formal continuous improvement training and serves as an educational resource and consultant.
6. Uses knowledge of waste elimination tools and techniques to identify clinical and operational opportunities for improvement (especially the 7 healthcare flows).
7. Serves as a preceptor resource for Nemours Continuous Improvement Specialist I’s.
8. Assists in the development and refinement of Continuous Improvement training programs and materials.
9. Ensures adherence to Continuous Improvement standards and methodologies across the enterprise.
10. Demonstrates the ability to challenge the status quo and encourage break-through thinking to ensure Continuous Improvement principles are implemented in a manner that supports patient- and family-centered care.
11. Facilitates model line work and value stream mapping.
12. Coaches “A3 Thinking.”