Plant Lean Deployment Manager
|Company:||The Avery Point Group|
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - Excellent Base + Bonus + Reloction|
|Posted:||Saturday, June 02, 2012|
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS/BA Business or Technical Engineering Degree
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing implantation and facilitation
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, 5s, SMED, and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Prior experience / background with fabrication and assembly methods
- Prior operations/process leadership experience a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position in one of our client’s flagship plants, reporting directly to the Plant Manager / Plant GM. This position will require an experienced Lean transformation leader, preferably with heavy commercial product manufacturing background and experience. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the plant’s Lean transformation.
- This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating the entire plant’s value stream Lean initiative and strategy.
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the organization on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools (5S, Kaizen, SMED, Standard Work etc…)
- This position will support value stream leadership and plant managment in the development, planning and execution of a lean enterprise transformation strategy and metrics
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean transformation events targeted towards improving the entire plant’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- This position will focus on the plant’s performance improvements that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the plant-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the plant’s Lean transformation.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Plant Lean Deployment Manager
Plant Manager / Plant GM
Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Multi-billion dollar commercial products company seeking to further advance its Continuous Improvement initiatives with a Plant Lean Deployment Manager at one of its flagship plants in Dallas, Texas.