Director of Operations – Lean Focus
|Company:||The Avery Point Group|
|Min Experience Level:||10-15 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - Excellent Base+Bonus+Relocation|
|Posted:||Saturday, June 02, 2012|
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree preferred
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing leadership roles
- Extensive Lean deployment experience and advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, TPM, 5s, SMED, VSM and other continuous improvement methodologies in a discrete component and assembly manufacturing environment.
- Commercial and industrial product experience / background a plus
- Strong financial acumen - understanding of 4 wall operating costs and P+L measures
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Demonstrated track record of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures a plus
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to address tactical business shortcomings with strategic solutions
- Ability to build buy-in with multiple stakeholders with sometime conflicting priorities
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energ
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position for our exclusive client's flagship manufacturing plant located in Texas. Reporting directly to the business's General Manager and VP, this position will require a candidate with solid leadership skills and Lean experience, preferably with a commercial and industrial product background. Key to success in this role requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive service, quality, cost and safety leveraging Lean methodologies in a fast paced growth focused environment. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
- This position will be responsible for manufacturing operations, enabling managers to achieve monthly and annual targets in service, quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets.
- This role will lead by example to drive and sustain the cultural and technical changes necessary to make our client's plant a world class Lean manufacturer.
- This role will serve as the leader and catalyst for implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools, and techniques within the plant.
- This role will participate in the development of long-term business strategies and short-term business planning. This role will translate overall company business strategy into operational goals and objectives. This role will establish key measurements and develops/implements plans to achieve targets
- This role will be responsible for the preparation of annual operating budgets, business plans for both the plant and distribution center.
- This role will be responsible for all phases of manufacturing efficiency, including control of costs, inventory, burden rate, material and manufacturing variances, etc.
- This role will have responsibility for the management of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques
- This role will utilize strategic sourcing processes to develop and implement commodity strategies to achieve quality, cost and delivery expectations for direct materials and identifies new outsourcing opportunities where feasible.
- The role will be responsible for managing a large manufacturing site (200+ non-union employees) producing commercial and industrial products for key market customers, where quality, cost and service performance are essential.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Director of Operations – Lean Focus
Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Market leading commercial and industrial products company seeking to further advance its leadership team with a Lean focused Director Operations placement at its flagship plant in Texas.