Vice President – Distribution Operations
|Company:||The Avery Point Group|
|Company Industries:||Distribution, Transportation|
|Min Experience Level:||15+ Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - Excellent Base + Bonus + Relocation|
|Posted:||Sunday, November 25, 2012|
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Requirements:
- BS in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or Business
- MBA a plus
- 10+ Years of professional experience related to distribution management, supply chain and logistics management
- 5+ Years’ experience with multi-site (4+ Sites) distribution management responsibility
- Strong background in the management of all logistics functions (inbound freight, both international and domestic, and inter-site freight) to insure on-time deliveries at the lowest cost.
- Strong experience leveraging, utilizing and implementing warehouse management systems (WMS) and SAP or other enterprise systems in a multi-site distribution setting
- Strong background leveraging contemporary supply chain, logistics and continuous improvement tools / methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety.
- Solid project management skills, team facilitation skills, and excellent communication skills
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Takes feedback and criticism well in order to improve self and operational performance
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Accountable, self-motivated, hand-on, dynamic, and passionate leadership style
- Ability to work in a fast paced results focused demanding entrepreneurial environment
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position within our client’s distribution and logistics organization, reporting directly SVP of Operations. This position will require an experienced multi-site distribution and logistics operations leader that is able to drive results in a fast paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to lead the business’s distribution sites through-out North America and deliver results in customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety.
- This role will be responsible for the operational leadership of 7+ North American based distribution centers and additional sites as required to meet growth projections and customer service requirements.
- This role will have management leadership responsibly for all in-bound and out-bound logistics functions in order to meet/exceed the business’s customer fulfillment requirements and cost objectives.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring the business meets its transportation and logistics budget objectives related to domestic carriers, international freight / demerge and inter site transportation costs.
- This role will play a key role in helping the business manage and negotiate freight rates for both domestic and international carriers.
- This role will be responsible for the introduction of advance supply chain, continuous improvement, and distribution / logistics tools/methodologies in order to help the business deliver results in customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety.
- This role will be responsible driving operational efficiency improvements, cost reduction efforts, and streamlining initiatives across the business’s North American distribution and logistics network.
- This role will ensure the effective leverage, utilization, and implementation of its operating systems related to SAP and WMS systems tied to the management of the business North American distributions sites.
- This role will be responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, business plans, and operating goals/objectives for the North American distribution sites and logistics operation’s annual strategic plans.
- This role will have responsibility for the submission of financial and other management score-card metric information to senior leadership and maintaining a “no surprises” environment.
- This role will have responsibility for the management of people resources through good practices, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques.
- This role will document and share "best practice" methods, processes and ideas across the business’s distribution network to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Exclusive Confidential Search
Vice President – Distribution Operations and Logistics (Atlanta)
SVP of Operations
Excellent Compensation and benefits package
Our client is a fast growing multi-million dollar global manufacturer and distributor of specialty consumer durable products that is seeking to fill a new role on their operations team to help them facilitate and support their growing North American sales.