Director, Process Management
|Min Experience Level:||10-15 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - 20% Short Term Incentive Bonus (STIP)|
|Posted:||Tuesday, May 22, 2012|
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field plus a minimum of 10 years of continuous improvement experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Six Sigma Certification is required. Other lean certifications are desirable. Strong experience in a leadership role directly managing continuous improvement projects and/or teams is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills.
Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and positively influence senior leaders. Experience mapping processes in accordance with continuous improvement is required. Experience in conflict resolution and basic business acumen skills. Ability to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact. Excellent planning, time management, communication, facilitation, decision making, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
We are seeking a Director, Process Management, who is a cutting edge leader of Lean Six Sigma, to drive continuous improvement initiatives for the Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology & Telecommunications (ITT) departments. The successful candidate will report directly to the SVP, HR & ITT and will lead and facilitate process improvement teams for the joint business units. The ideal candidate is analytical and process driven by nature and has the desire and passion for continuous improvement. In addition, the successful candidate must have a proven track record, related experience, and appropriate Six Sigma certification. If you are a leader in the world of continuous improvement, have excellent communication skills, and meet the qualifications below, please visit our website today to find out more information about NV Energy and this exciting new opportunity!
This position is responsible for directing process improvement projects by applying proven process improvement methods to achieve specific business results. Works closely with senior leaders, peers and functional managers to understand business processes and the issues surrounding it. Creates strong partnerships to drive process improvement delivery using proven best practice techniques and methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma. Provides clients with consulting servicesin accordance with their business needs related to process design and improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies improvement opportunities resulting in measurable benefits to either client experience, revenues, expense reduction, efficiency or cost avoidance. Prioritizes improvement opportunities and works with team members to execute opportunities and deliver timely results and quantified benefits.
- Provides leadership in implementation and improvement of process improvement efforts leading to superior business results.
- Coaches and develops team members in project management methodologies and process improvement strategies. Educates functional managers on principles and practices of process improvement.
- Serves as an expert in continuous improvement by coordinating with department upper management to identify potential projects as well as cost justification, anticipated benefits and quantifiable target results.
- Meets with organizational leaders to identify and scope the business opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, and identify risks and constraints. Leads functional and cross-functional process improvement projects.
- Guide and direct members of other departments in implementing changes to improve performance.