Six Sigma Black Belt
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Saturday, October 27, 2012|
Attributes and Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
Strong detail orientation with proven ability to work quickly without compromising quality
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required and a minimum of 5 years in-depth experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools.
- Certified or board qualified in area of expertise and certified as a Six Sigma Black Belt i.e. ASQ, or an Accredited University/program strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proven results that delivered significant operational and financial benefits and value creation; strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, resolve problems and present appropriate business solutions and recommendations; ability to make quality, independent decisions, work effectively and efficiently under time deadlines.
- Proficiency in analytical software tools such as Minitab, Simulation tools, Monte Carlo Analysis.
- Application of Lean Enterprise tools and concepts.
- Data analysis using statistical methods, DOE experience preferred.
Complete 3 to 4 Lean Sigma projects per year targeting $1MM of savings
At Euro-Pro, we are driven to be the best in the industry. We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference. We celebrate and reward initiative, creativity, growth, and commitment to our mission. We will provide the challenge and opportunity to apply all aspects of your experience and skills; you provide the energy, passion, and results.
Euro-Pro supports the national policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
It is our goal at Euro-Pro to recruit applicants for jobs without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, marital status or veteran status.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Six Sigma Black Belt
Recognized as one of the “Fastest growing, most innovative developers of Home Appliances in the World,” Euro-Pro is a pioneer in innovative cleaning solutions and small household appliances sold under the familiar brands Shark® and Ninja®. We provide the latest in easy-to-use technology with a growing line of products that consists of corded and cordless vacuums, steam mops and cleaners, irons and garment steamers, and a variety of small kitchen appliances. It is our mission to create and deliver high quality; reliable “5 Star” rated products.
Euro-Pro has been experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, and is currently looking for talented individuals to join our organization. We are a Boston based (Newton, MA) company, with offices in Montreal, Canada and various locations throughout China.
- Company revenues have increased by approximately 170% from just over $270MM in fiscal 2007 to nearly $730MM in fiscal 2011!!!
- Named to Inc. magazine’s Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the past 3 consecutive years!
- Awarded Wal-Mart vendor of the Year for the past 4 consecutive years. Most recently in 2011, Euro-Pro was awarded the “Supplier of the Year” for the Home Division (out of more than 2,000 suppliers!)
Summary of Position
In this highly visible role, reporting to the category Quality Directors and dotted line reporting to MBB, the successful candidate will partner with leaders to identify, develop and execute projects in support of Euro Pro’s Warranty and Return Rate reduction efforts. In addition, the candidate will provide expertise regarding team dynamics and change management, process redesign strategies, performance improvement tool sets and technical expertise. Success depends on the candidate's ability to effectively utilize his/her skills in: analytics; project management; critical thinking; relationship development and management with key Euro Pro stake holders; and ability to align work with organizational strategic/operational imperatives.
- Apply contemporary improvement tools and producing results for business segment
- Fully responsible for warranty reduction efforts and working with suppliers in Asia to institute process control and workmanship related issues
- Expert in DMAIC methodology as well as applying complex statistical tools to effectively understand returned products with no apparent defect
- Works with multiple teams of business practitioners to synthesize findings and develop improvement recommendation
Work cross functionally with customer service, design, marketing and sales organization for warranty and non-warranty related returns
- Perform additional duties as requested by management.