Rapid Continuous Improvement Manager
|Min Experience Level:||3-5 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||$90-110K per year - Bonus|
|Posted:||Wednesday, June 13, 2012|
The RCI Manager must have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Mechanical, Manufacturing or a related Engineering field and three (3) to five (5) years of management level experience successfully developing, implementing and driving RCI/Lean initiatives in a manufacturing environment. This role requires an individual who can serve as a change agent, who can operate effectively with some of the key initiatives and drive change. They must have a solid technical background, and while a Green or Black Belt is not required, it is highly preferred.
In addition, the company seeks the following for this RCI role:
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience facilitating RCI/Kaizen events
- Demonstrated competence in project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Must be self directed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lean Certification preferred.
Key tasks associated with this role include:
- Act as the process owner for onsite RCI initiatives, accountable for measurable results.
- Team with site management, associates and outside resources to improve critical processes and/or procedures.
- Champion the RCI initiative to meet corporate, plant and departmental objectives.
- Promote the culture of Rapid Continuous Improvement throughout the facility.
- Ensure the effective application of Lean/RCI methods and tools across all functions of the facility. Facilitate/lead RCI events.
- Evaluate, report and ensure progress of RCI toward meeting stated objectives.
- Directly manage individuals assigned to the RCI Department.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Reporting into the Plant Manager, the role will manage two professionals and be primarily responsible for managing the Rapid Continuous Improvement process at the northern Iowa Plant by effectively applying continuous improvement tools and lean principles. The RCI manager will lead the facilitation of training the manufacturing staff in new methods to reduce cost and improve service to company customers through Rapid Continuous Improvement events and activities. The role also oversees recommendations generated by events and ensures implementation, as well as auditing the long term performance improvements gained through the RCI process and programs.