Sr. Director of Operational Excellence
|Company:||The Avery Point Group|
|Min Experience Level:||10-15 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||Unspecified - Excellent Base Bonus and Relocation|
|Posted:||Sunday, November 25, 2012|
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree preferred but not required
- Master Black Belt – Lean Six Sigma with, DFSS and Lean knowledge and technical mastery
- Knowledge working in the US Government Services industry – in particular Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma training course development and training of Black Belts and/or Green
- Prior consulting experience a plus
- Project Management Certification (PMP) a plus
- 5+ years' experience working in the US Government Services industry – in particular Department of Defense (DoD)
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Ability to provide coaching and development for technical consultants in identifying leads
- C-level communications skills.
- 50%+ Travel which may occasionally require international travel.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key director level leadership position within our client's growing Lean Six Sigma deployment, with responsibility for driving the entire firm's Operational Excellence deployment, reporting directly to firm's VP of Strategic Initiatives and Operational Excellence. This role will be responsible for leading and guiding improvement initiatives utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and making high-value improvements across the firm's entire service value stream. This position will consult with various business team leaders to identify, quantify, and prioritize process improvements opportunities, assuring linkage to business objectives. This position will manage cross-functional project teams to execute initiatives targeted at standardizing and optimizing business processes and will work closely with the Information Technology team to test and implement technology improvements. This position will require a candidate with DoD / Federal Government service delivery background and experience. Key to success in this role requires a candidate that is motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced growth focused environment.
- This role with lead strategic, cross functional, complex process improvements projects targeted at optimizing processes, improving flow and reducing defect rates
- This role will lead and inspire process improvement team members to focus their talents toward high level strategic goals that define success by the business, and partner with business leaders to help them meet objectives
- This role will help set the Lean/Six Sigma strategy for the business
- This role will partner with value stream functions to interpret and implement improvements and efficiencies
- This role will undertake high-level, high-priority value stream projects when needed to drive the right level of leadership on critical projects and initiatives
- This role will plan, conduct, and supervise projects using project selection, project management, and project tracking processes and procedures
- This role will conduct regular, technical reviews of all ongoing Lean/Six Sigma projects and thorough audits of projects that are in closure phase.
- This role stimulate management thinking by challenging conventional wisdom through the demonstration of the application of the Lean/Six Sigma methodology and provide guidance and knowledge to lead and manage change
- This role will guide Champions with project selection and scope, assuring linkage between projects and business objectives
- This role will mentor and coach Champions, Black Belts and Green Belts in the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and methodology and ensures timely completion of projects with expected results
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Sr. Director of Operational Excellence
Excellent Compensation – Base and Bonus
Our exclusive client is a global government services provider supporting both the State Department and Department of Defense. It seeks to further leverage its Lean Six Sigma deployment efforts in order to improve the effectiveness and execution of their service performance. .