Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
|Company:||L-3 Security & Detection Systems|
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Compensation:||$90-100K per year|
|Posted:||Wednesday, September 12, 2012|
• Ability to develop strategy and translate into actionable plans & drive change through influence
• Ability to communicate LSS principles within all arenas; internal and external, technical and non-technical
• Travel up to 25% (mainly Florida)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS degree in a technical discipline
• Masters degree in Management preferred
• 5+ Years of progressive experience
• Personnel management experience is a plus
• Knowledge of Quality Management System requirements and process implementation is desired
• Lean Black Belt certification required
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Working knowledge of statistical analysis software (i.e. Minitab) is highly desired
• Work experience in at least two functional organizations
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to lead and execute globally, self-starter with minimal supervision needed
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Strong sense of strategic insight and business acumen, results oriented
• Dynamic leadership skills to motivate team members towards analytical/critical thought process
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
The Black Belt position will be responsible for continued development and implementation of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) strategy and methodology within the Security and Detection Systems organization. The candidate will challenge conventional thinking, be accountable for LSS project results and deployment, and drive the application of LSS tools in all functions. Influencing leadership and management to incorporate Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology into their functional groups is critical to success. The candidate will facilitate the planning and development of consistent strategic and tactical LSS improvement activities within the organization. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with leadership in the selection, prioritization and deployment of Lean Six Sigma projects.
• Provide coaching and mentoring while broadening application and understanding of LSS tools, strategies, and techniques.
• Conduct regular project reviews to ensure expected progress achievement. Coordinate, collect, and report LSS project results for the organization.
• Train and facilitate Lean Green Belt classes.
• Coach, mentor, facilitate and drive Lean Green Belt teams to successful completion through the DMAIC process.
• Lead and manage multiple business critical projects within the organization
• Black Belt certification is required.