Plant Operations Manager
|Company Industries:||Retailing and Consumer Goods, Engineering, Manufacturing|
|Min Experience Level:||10-15 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Saturday, November 24, 2012|
1. Relevant Experience: Ten (10) years of senior level manufacturing and operational management experience.
2. Educational Credentials: Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline.
3. Strong background in assembly, light manufacturing, and inventory management preferably with Certifications.
4. Strong background in ERP systems.
5. Communication Skills: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, verbally, electronically and on paper, across all levels of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Plant Operations Manager is focused on the following roles and responsibilities.
1. Day to Day Assembly and Light Manufacturing, Material Purchasing, Distribution and Plant Operations:
· Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations that ensure the most effective return on Micro Matic’s LLC assets.
· Manage subordinate managers and supervisors in the production, quality control, engineering/maintenance, back office areas as well as business system software consultants.
· Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
· Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
· Promote the use of best practice procedures with focus on data driven based problem solving.
· Develop assembly metrics (KPI’s) and manage organizational performance towards targets.
· Establish staff performance goals and job assignments relating to the KPI’s.
2. Engineering, Planning, Software Consultants and Maintenance:
a. Manage product development and the development process, beginning with the design phase, engineering and manufacturing and ultimately the product introduction into market.
b. Oversee manufacturing and engineering initiatives within the organization with a focus on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
3. Performance, Budgeting, Reporting and Internal Processes
a. Responsible for manufacturing, procurement and logistical performance of the plant.
b. Key Performance measuring and reporting.
c. Business System improvements consistent with financial design philosophies.
d. Annual budget and quarterly financial updates and presentation.
e. Facility adherence to corporate policies.
4. Building Management:
a. All aspects of managing the physical building.
b. Manage building additions, structural changes or maintenance.
c. Building opening, closing, supplies and security.
d. Building expansion or maintenance management.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
Micro Matic is a major supplier of commercial draught beer dispensing equipment in over 120 countries throughout the world. The North American operation is currently seeking to fill the position of Plant Operations Manager based at our company’s North American headquarters in Brooksville, Florida.
The compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vacation and holiday pay, 401(k), and expense and business mileage reimbursement. Relocation package is available.
The position requires an experienced Plant Operations Manager to run our modern Brooksville FL plant. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of assembly and light manufacturing, global sourcing and commodity management and distribution logistics operations. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for managing the assembly support functions of engineering, planning and maintenance. The position requires an individual with a strong financial background and values “data driven” decision making. APICS Certifications, Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM), Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, and other quality experience are strongly desired.
Reporting to the President of Micro Matic USA Inc., the Plant Operations Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Brooksville plant. This includes implementing best practice standards and developing efficiency strategies to ensure that the plant meets optimum assembly goals at minimal assembly costs.
The Plant Operations Manager is a “hands-on” individual who works directly with department heads to coordinate material purchasing, routing operations, assembly production and distribution operations. The Plant Operations Manager provides leadership for the assembly operation with a focus on safety, quality, customer delivery, and cost.