Black Belt Business Process Consultant
|Company:||U.S. Xpress, Inc.|
|Min Experience Level:||3-5 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Monday, September 23, 2013|
Key Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required
- Minimum of 2 years of Black Belt/Lean business process improvements experience is required
- L6S project experience in Logistics, transportation management, trucking operations or trucking back office support preferred
- Ability to work aggressively and effectively with a wide array of personnel ranging from entry level to senior leaders.
- Demonstrated effective leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach LSS tools and methodology.
- Ability to influence / coach people at all levels.
- Willingness to give and receive performance feedback.
- Excellent communicator for both interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor LSS projects and participants.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and set goals.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
This individual will be expected to use Lean Six Sigma tools, methodology and strategy to increase internal and external customer satisfaction and increase the bottom line of the division assigned. This role will provide the technical and business expertise to drive L6S results. They will drive data-focused thinking, install measurements, identify and eliminate waste and variation and lead process improvements.
- Manage multiple black belt projects ranging in value.
- Works with business leadership and Director of Quality to identify, define and scope L6S improvement opportunities.
- Leads, drives L6S incremental and breakthrough improvement projects in the group.
- Develops and applies necessary technical skills to deliver improvement results (such as Lean, 6Sigma, DFSS, etc.)
- Coaches, trains and develops L6S improvement team members and other CS&L personnel.
- Engages process/department personnel in all phases of L6S improvement efforts (including Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC projects, creating standard work, and daily work of improvement).
- Develops strong technical network with cross functional leadership.
- Serves as a technical resource to support other L6S analyses, as requested.
- Maintains appropriate project documentation including project charter, progress updates and final reports.
- Captures and communicates significant learning’s to enable best practice-sharing and replication.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned.