Process Improvement Manager
|Company:||San Francisco Health Plan|
|Min Experience Level:||5-10 Years Experience|
|Posted:||Thursday, September 26, 2013|
RequirementsEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- 5+ years experience in designing and implementing roll out efforts, authoring & publishing quality technical documentation (in disciplines including but not limited to process Improvement) to ensure sustainability of individual efforts as well as of the PPI program.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities through delivering and managing process improvement efforts. Internship experience okay.
- Experience in managed care industry, ideally healthcare operations.
- Requires strong working knowledge and business work experience in a managed care setting, and in areas such as Utilization Management or Managed Care Operations.
- Proven ability to influence without authority.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at various levels of the organization (from staff to upper management) to increase engagement and understanding of Performance and Process Improvement processes, goals and benefits.
- Excellent English writing abilities, ability to summarize complex information succinctly.
- Excellent presentation abilities.
- Ability to demonstrate success in implementing large and small projects and in a complex environment.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience applying both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to meet short and long term goals.
- Proven success in process improvement and/or process redesign, preferred.
- Six Sigma Certification, Lean training, or equivalent relevant leadership experience of process improvement efforts.
- Exposure to development of training curriculums on Lean Six Sigma from awareness through Belt Certification.
- Ability to work with a high level of independence with strong collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Team leadership experience including guidance and training of more junior staff.
- Proficiency in MSOffice Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Access, SharePoint and MSProject preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Care, MBA preferred.
Apply for This Position
You have not created an iSixSigma Job Shop membership. You need a FREE membership and Job Shop Profile in order to apply for jobs. Please create one or sign in to your account now (at top of page).
TITLE: Process Improvement Manager, Healthcare Operations
Be a part of history in the making! The San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is ramping up to support additional benefits eligible members will receive as a result of the Affordable Care Act.
The Process Improvement Manager delivers expertise to operational and project teams in collaboration with other disciplines to create efficiencies and quality improvements. S/He understands and communicates process improvement architecture techniques, technologies, methodologies and processes at SFHP. S/he defines consistent solutions aligned with applied and strategic business processes; mentors directors, managers, and process improvement focal points; recommends and implements improvement opportunities to applied and strategic business processes; and manages improvements while maintaining an enterprise perspective.
The ideal candidate will have health care industry experience and be passionate about uncovering and presenting ideal solutions to operationally oriented business problems. We are looking for someone who’s interest lies with internal operations verse external clinics and hospitals. The person will apply both Lean and Six Sigma principals and be very hands on interfacing directly with business stakeholders and cross departmentally. The person must demonstrate suburb interpersonal, communication, presentation, and training skills with a high degree of comfort engaging with all levels within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and facilitate process improvement initiatives.
- Measure and track the results of the managed projects over time to document the contribution of the PPI function.
- Drive adoption of the required processes.Responsible for directing and coordinating business change activities associated with process improvements and system changes to ensure smooth transactions for business unit managers.
- Work with business managers in conducting the required fact gathering and analysis necessary to document, quantify and specify process re-engineering efforts.
- Conduct studies of operations, workflow processes and develop the most cost efficient or productive way for processes; focus on improving productivity or work methods reducing costs and improving risk management and control.
- Review project proposals to determine whether end-to-end process improvement opportunities exist.
- Develop and implement management planning and control systems to enhance managerial effectiveness by providing objective, qualitative and quantitative performance indices.
- Develop and present consulting proposals to senior management that describe project objectives, scope, methodology, project structure and deliverables.
- Provide consultative services and analytic support to business management.
- Serve as a catalyst to identify and recommend improved performance through: capacity planning, resource allocation, work simplification, staff scheduling, service level management, revenue enhancement, organizational design, consolidation, performance measurement systems, training, strategic planning, productivity improvement, and expense control.
- Perform liaison and client management functions between the PPI Department and the Department's internal partners.
- Participate in the construction of an SFHP methodology and approach towards all work efforts and maintain them over time.
- Provide training, guidance and leadership to other PPI staff and staff from other disciplines to ensure consistency of approach and quality control for all on-going initiatives in the PPI Department.
- Prepare prioritization summary for initiatives that meet certain impact criteria so that department resources can be invested in areas with the most impact.
- Facilitate and edit major communications and presentations to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Lead presentations to all audiences from Executive Leadership, Business Stakeholders and individual line level.
- Support the development and enhancement of the Lean Six Sigma training curriculum.
- Perform additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Focuses on providing outstanding customer service daily to both external and internal customers.
- Models professional behavior/conduct that remains in concert with the SFHP culture and business values.
- Leads by example whether in group or individual meetings.
SFHP is a licensed community health plan that provides affordable health care coverage to over 80,000 low and moderate-income families. By providing superior, affordable health care that emphasizes prevention and promotes healthy living, we strive to improve the quality of life for the people of San Francisco and to support the providers who serve them. As a partner to the Department of Health, we support Healthy San Francisco and SF Path.
Please apply directly through our career page at http://www.sfhp.org