|at Johnson Controls|
|Location||Anywhere, United States|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2018|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
What you will do
Responsible for successfully directing, implementing, and maintaining RPA, Machine Learning and BPM-based Continuous Improvement programs within BSNA JCI Businesses. Leads technical, financial and administrative staffs, while working with the Security, Fire & HVAC business units, to ensure the timely delivery of optimization-based improvements and related cost reduction initiatives.
How you will do it
- Leads, trains and mentors JCI Executives, Managers, and Continuous Improvement personnel within the JCI Business Centers in the Continuous Improvement process.
- Prepares, monitors, and reports on Continuous Improvement metric improvements against plan to JCI Executives and Corporate Finance.
- Prepares annual Continuous Improvement strategic plan and budgets. Tracks performance to assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals. Works with Business Center Leadership on Continuous Improvement annual planning initiatives to meet their objectives. Tracks performance to plan to insure timely and quality results.
- Verifies that the appropriate improvement methodology and tools are being properly applied to all Continuous Improvement initiatives to ensure project completeness and control.
- Teams with regional Business Center Directors & CI Professionals to hire, develop and mentor Continuous Improvement personnel/organization.
- Directs the sharing and deployment of Best Business Practices / Continuous Improvement with all BSNA Businesses.
- Works with Continuous Improvement personnel to identify, analyze, and implement continuous improvement initiatives within the JCI Business Centers.
- Assures statistical methods of data collection and analysis are used in the evaluation of proposed process changes. Ensures the plans are accurate and complete in order to assure consistency of implementation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, or other related field.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively more experience in quality or operations process improvement.
- Five years of supervisory/management experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Black Belt, or Lean certification required, Master Black Belt certification is preferred
- Good interpersonal and team-oriented skills are required.
- Up to 25% travel is required.
***Please note role can be based in any US metropolitan market***