|at The Joint Commission|
|Location||Oakbrook Terrace, IL|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2017|
This position supports the Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing and sustaining a robust process improvement (RPI) culture. The Black Belt Clinical 2 (BBCl2) will lead strategic projects for the Joint Commission Enterprise and mentor Belts. The BBCl2 will learn and then enable others in adapting Lean Six Sigma, change management, and other performance improvement methodologies to drive results. The BBCl2 will support the Director and Master Black Belt in the development and implementation of a quality improvement training program for Joint Commission employees and external customers, which includes training Belts and others in problem solving. The BBCl2 provides expert advice to process improvement teams regarding team dynamics, change management, process re-design strategies, performance improvement toolsets (especially those of Lean Six Sigma), and technical expertise, such as statistical process control and flow, pull and data analysis. The BBCl2 will coach internal process improvement teams and also provide guidance to process teams in the external health care community, as a part of the Joint Commission’s strategy to employ Lean Six Sigma tools to improve the quality and safety of patient care. The BBCl2 will present for CTH/RPI presentations and assist in CTH/RPI Publications. The BBCl2 will also be faculty for RPI as a Product.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Clinical Background required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Healthcare or healthcare consulting experience with seven years business/operations experience.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of experience as an RPI or LSS Trainer/Co-trainer.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a Black Belt.
- Completed five successful projects.
- Coaching a minimum of three Belt projects to closure.
- Minimum of three years of coaching senior leadership.
- Master of RPI (Lean, six Sigma, and change management).
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and change management skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Minitab software (Advanced Analysis), or equivalent, and other business software applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Apply to: https://careers-jointcommission.icims.com/jobs/3200/black-belt-clinical-ii/job