|at Gemological Institute of America (view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2018|
Provide project management for Global IT initiatives by performing the following functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scope projects and programs from stakeholder input of requirements and specifications.
- Manage global program and project tasks with allocated resources and budget using Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Build and manage project documentation along with reporting.
- Ensure the participation and commitment of project stakeholders for IT related projects.
- Effectively define, communicate, and gain stakeholder agreement on the scope of every assigned project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, timeline, and budget while ensuring the project is correctly authorized.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises, as appropriate, to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources and skills needed to complete the project requirements.
- Develop budget documentation based upon the strategic priorities of the project.
- Manage budgeted expenses for projects, while working closely with involved GIA department resources to ensure that messaging, communication, and budget requirements are met.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including scope and resources.
- Review deliverables prepared by project leadership.
- Apply company and department methodology effectively to enforce project standards.
- Prepare project status review documentation.
- Facilitate identification of project risks and prepare remediation plans.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and distributed appropriately.
- Track the status of all assigned projects to ensure that they are on track and on budget.
- Manage multiple, highly-detailed projects simultaneously, bringing them to completion within expected timeframes. Manage the development and completion of program elements within related time lines.
- Collaborate effectively with all GIA departments to ensure project delivery and resolve technical and business issues related to the project.
- Ensure consistent use of GIA Project Management framework in all IT initiatives.
- Communicate, cooperate, and interact with the team effectively and professionally.
- Perform supporting duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Manage project based resources for conflict resolutions, escalations, and temp hiring
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Experience in program management, prioritization funneling, PERT analysis, PDR/CDR readiness methodologies, and risk management (FMEA) are highly desired.
- Business case management, business analysis experience, coaching and mentoring experience, experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team fostering collaboration and team work
- Proven analytical/critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to make decisions, delegate work, resolve conflict and negotiate with vendors and other stake holders in the project during the execution of the project
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to senior management and peers
- Ability to influence and lead the team to the desired goal
- Ability to build teams and team work culture
- Ability to apply time management skills to meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, technology or related field.
- Seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in managing multiple IT-related projects.
- PMP or similar project management certification required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification required.