|Date Posted||July 12, 2017|
The Leader will act in the capacity of in house lead Lean Six Sigma expert assist with process improvement efforts for the Finance and Facilities teams at CoStar. The objective is to introduce and sustain a culture of continuous process improvement designed to deliver best-in-class operating processes throughout finance and facilities operations.
The Leader, Business Process & Lean Six Sigma will assist the senior leadership team to develop and sustain a program of quality process improvements. Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Shared Services, and the Sr. Manager will implement all aspects of a Lean Six Sigma program, including training, staffing, project scoping, project management and results generation. The Director will partner closely with all senior leaders across Finance and Facilities, the Director, Financial Systems and provide process expertise other system related projects.
- Consult with the CFO and senior Finance leaders to establish and meet financial, operational, customer service, and employee impact objectives.
- Manage the Lean Six Sigma projects aligned to business objectives and projects prioritization as determine by the Finance and Facilities team prioritization board
- Engage with leaders and teams to maintain open communication, provide training and create a metrics driven culture of performance improvement.
- Assist Finance and Facilities leaders and teams to identify, scope, and financially justify projects that align with the business and functional strategy
- Manage the development of Lean Six Sigma Project charters with project teams and work with the Director, Financial Systems to properly prioritize projects as part of the overall Finance and Facilities project governance process.
- Develop a sustainable Lean Six Sigma program and develop Finance and Facilities team members in Lean Six Sigma and ultimately develop and in-house team Lean Six Sigma certified personnel..
- Mentor and coach Managers – Lean Six Sigma and team members (Green Belts) in project work, making them understand and use Work-Out, Lean, and Six Sigma tools necessary for a successful and timely completion of their projects. Develop series of process controls to sustain improvements over time.
- Provide necessary training throughout the organization on the use of Work-Out, Six Sigma, Lean tools and methods.
- Manage internal certification program to develop in-house expertise for Lean Six Sigma.
Change Management –
- Communicate to and influence stakeholders of all levels regarding the value proposition of process improvement
- Act as change agent to build adoption of a customer service oriented quality culture throughout the organization and drive measurable business process improvements
- 8+ years’ experience in project management, including 5+ years managerial experience.
- Lean Six sigma background ( Master Black Belt level certification preferred)– specifically in a transactional or service environment
- Process orientation with excellent attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and presentation with ability to interact with Executive Leadership and their direct reports
- Ability to assimilate and disseminate information quickly
- Progressive experience within an organization or cross-functionally
- Must be intellectually curious
- Project management oriented and driven with ability to multi-task across several areas.
- ERP Implementation experience
- Occasional travel required (less than 25%).
- 4-year degree