|at Washington State Department of Transportation|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), Lean Process Improvement Office (LPIO) is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as the next Lean Program Administrator. The LPIO implements the Governor and Secretary of Transportation’s commitment to build an efficient Lean Management System that assists WSDOT in achieving its vision, mission and strategic goals. The Lean Program Administrator is accountable for directing and controlling operations, development, delivery and results of WSDOT’s Lean program.
Responsive to WSDOT’s priorities, the LPIO reinforces a culture of continuous improvement by providing programs and services that support all facets of the agency. The LPIO leads process improvement changes that have a broad impact across state and local government, and contribute to reductions in cost, time, errors and waste of state resources. Within an ever changing environment, the Lean Program Administrator is responsible for making immediate decisions which will establish precedent and influence policy. We are looking for a leader who will invest in our employees and agency by promoting a working environment that encourages creative leadership, teamwork, professionalism, and accountability.
This position will perform the following work:
- Consult with and make recommendations to executive leadership on strategy, resourcing and deployment of Lean culture and improvement activities.
- Design, streamline, and manage a process for selecting and prioritizing process improvements.
- Develop strategy to build and sustain capacity and culture for continuous process improvement.
- Direct a formal program to identify, select, train and guide a community of Lean practitioners in WSDOT.
- Develop and implement strategy for agency training and development in Lean thinking, tools and techniques appropriate to roles for employees, leaders and practitioners.
- Serve as the liaison with the Governor’s Results Washington Office for Lean activities.
- Build relationships, collaborate, and positively influence others to create alignment of efforts and vision across WSDOT.
WSDOT is most interested in candidates that meet or exceed the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organization development, operations management, public administration, engineering, planning or other relevant field.
- Eight years of progressive responsibility and experience in leadership and management, including oversight of an organization-wide division or program.
- Demonstrated ability to define and foster a long-range strategic vision within an organization, leading the organization to set and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated capabilities in leading and successfully implementing Lean culture and a Lean management system in a large, complex organization.
- Formal Lean practitioner certification and facilitator training, Lean education, or Toyota Production System training.
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of full range Lean thinking, methods and phases of process redesign, ideally within multiple organizations, including service or administrative environments.
- Experience leading complex business transformation projects and familiarity with project management principles including change management, stakeholder engagement, project scoping, scheduling and planning.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to plan and leverage multiple communication avenues for effective change management.
- Exceptional coaching and mentoring skills.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large “apply” button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position, you will be required to attach a resume and insert a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Amy Fermo at 360-705-6816 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-WMS-0W396.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/.