|Date Posted||September 6, 2017|
Do you want to be a PLANT MANAGER, leading a LEAN implementation?
What will you do? We are looking for a LEAN, process-minded people leader with experience in ensuring the production facility functions at peak efficiency with proper communications and interfaces. You will develop and guide the manufacturing leadership production team while ensuring delivery of high quality products which are in compliance with applicable customer, business and regulatory requirements.
The selected individual will be a progressive thinker and able to lead across departments, will be capable of managing numerous complex priorities with sound decision-making, will communicate effectively with diverse constituents, and will deliver results.
- Provide overall production leadership, problem solving, and strategic direction during normal production, variations in production volume and during new product launches by driving LEAN ideas, processes and methodologies while respecting the effective processes of the past. Identify and evaluate fundamental issues for functional areas through assessment of intangible variables.
- Direct manufacturing leaders via thought leadership to achieve corporate initiatives and strategies, ensure high-quality output, and foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Provide continuous improvement leadership to plant personnel and corporate leadership and to lead/coach/train/mentor the site & business improvement resources to deliver sustainable improvements to plant operations by eliminating process waste and removing variation.
- Enhance quality standards to meet and exceed customer expectations. Oversee, identify and manage customer quality issues and collaborate with internal teams on root cause analysis. Maintain quality, safety and regulatory compliance relating to the production facility.
- Support manufacturing Planning Analysis (Capacity and Capability Planning) for short and long range planning needs
- Demonstrate successful application of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving and QS9000.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with employees and management. Establish mechanisms to ensure high levels of collaboration across the organization.
- Develop succession strategy and improve bench strength by facilitating and mentoring manufacturing organization leaders to be exceptional. Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of manufacturing team and take appropriate actions to ensure long-term health, productivity, and a high performance culture. Ensure appropriate skills and staffing levels are maintained.
- Establish annual budget and resource plan for the manufacturing operations. Monitor and perform within forecasted plan. Identify, communicate and drive implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Track key performance indicators that drive change and provide visibility to the manufacturing and leadership teams. Monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- Continually assess and benchmark operational processes with those of other LEAN product and service providers and leading organizations outside the industry to promote the highest levels of effectiveness and efficiency.
- LEAN proficiency, process-oriented, data-driven mindset for decision making and driving quality into the product, whether manufactured in-house or through contract manufacturing partners and suppliers.
- Capability to leverage and flex diverse resources, respond quickly, understand the impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement and focus on customer needs.
- Ability to lead and motivate others by articulating and implementing a LEAN vision for manufacturing. Ability to build, develop and retain a high-performing team through assessment, recruiting, coaching and developing others.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Minimum 10 years in a manufacturing leadership position in a growing company with a complex manufacturing environment. Highly prefer assembly line manufacturing and a company size of $500M or greater. Prefer extensive knowledge of assembly line and heavy duty trucks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in an Engineering or related technical degree.
- Lean Six Sigma yellow or black belt certification
- Proven experience designing and setting up a new product production line
- Demonstrated ERP/MRP/PLM experience.
- Excellent at interfacing and collaborating with business and operations leaders as well as front-line employees. Must have outstanding interpersonal, influence and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High degree of personal accountability and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to provide hands-on support if/when necessary.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, self-made and have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and don’t reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.