|at Organic Valley (view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 5, 2017|
Summary of Role
With periodic coaching from a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, the Black Belt is responsible for leading business teams to identify and evaluate process improvement opportunities. Using the tools of Lean and Six Sigma, the Black Belt then leads the team through the phases of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) to improve processes of moderate to high complexity & impact. The Black Belt also coaches teams at CROPP as they apply the tools of Cultivating Excellence, and leads initiatives in support of the Cultivating Excellence program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads Lean Six Sigma initiatives of moderate to high complexity & impact using the DMAIC methodology.
- Coaches improvement team members in the use of Lean & Six Sigma tools.
- Develops the team members’ understanding of improvement tools.
- Assists the business in applying the concepts & tools of continuous improvement/ Cultivating Excellence.
- Teaches Cultivating Excellence classes to CROPP employees.
- Surfaces, assesses and defines opportunities for process improvement.
- Helps Champions, Process Owners and the Lean Six Sigma Deployment Leader prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Coaches the Process Owners of moderate to high complexity improvement initiatives in Process Management & Metrics.
- Working with the process improvement team, the Black Belt II constructs SIPOCs and Value Stream Maps to visually represent current and to-be states of processes being improved.
- Confirms root causes of process defects and lead time using statistical analysis and Lean analysis techniques.
- Coaches improvement team members in data collection techniques.
- Analyzes statistical process capability and stability at the beginning and end of initiatives.
- Serves as a technical coach to other Black Belts.
- Coaches Process Owners in the development of KPI’s (Key Process Indicators) and other metrics.
- Fulfills Cultivating Excellence program responsibilities as assigned.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops knowledge of industry standards through internal and external partnerships.
- Assists in the identification and implementation of measurement standards to ensure business objectives are met.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associates Degree minimum preferably in Business (or the equivalent in work related experience). Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience using the tools of Lean and Six Sigma
- Completed Six Sigma Black Belt training (certification preferable)
- Completed Advanced Lean training (certification preferable)
- Experience facilitating cross functional teams and leading/coaching process improvement teams
- Experience working with teams to document business process flows/swim lanes, value streams etc.
- Experience using statistics to analyze process variation and find root causes
- Demonstrated capability to dramatically improve key process metrics through DMAIC
- Experience teaching the concepts & tools of Continuous Improvement, Lean & Six Sigma required
- Demonstrates superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict (vertically and horizontally within the organization)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Very good knowledge of Visio or similar flowcharting program
- Knowledge of Minitab or other statistical software preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work weekends and after business hours as needed