|at TransAlta Corp. (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2018|
Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
TransAlta is currently seeking to place a qualified senior leader into the role of Managing Director, Operations Services, reporting to the Chief Officer, Business and Operational Services. This role will provide leadership and governance over many cross-functional processes, be responsible for the delivery high-quality and low-cost shared services and be a strong partner to the business leads.
Reporting into the Chief Officer, Business and Operational Services, you will utilize your experience in process engineering, financial acumen and relationship management to develop and drive the Operational Services team. This brand-new team consists of many cross-functional groups, including Environmental Health & Safety, Operational Integrity, Land Permits, Production Assurance, Operations Diagnostics, Technical Services, Payroll, Disability and Accounting. You will be tasked with creating cohesion among the different functions, while driving continual efficiency improvements through transformation initiatives to improve and expand the Operations Services function overall.
If you are seeking a challenge; looking to lead a team through a dynamic organizational transformation; and are committed to building successful internal and external relationships, we want to hear from you!
- Creation of TransAlta’s new service delivery model that is focused on delivering a high-quality service at a low-cost to the business
- Creation of the long-term vision for the Operations Services team
- Development, implementation and sustainment of a 2-5 year business plan
- Simplifying, standardizing and automating cross-functional and transactional processes
- Execution of strategies to attain cost saving targets while improving business continuity
- Identification and mitigation of enterprise risk as it relates to Operations Services
- Cultivation of related internal and external relationships
- Achievement of operational excellence; optimizing the use of financial resources, technology, balancing risk and ensuring the best possible sourcing and procurement outcomes
- Accountable to prioritize and execute strategies to achieve cost saving targets, create value, ensure business continuity and support achievement of business objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role will be qualified Engineer, preferably with a post graduate degree in Business or Finance. You are an experienced leader of large transactional teams, with the ability to drive and manage automation and structural changes across a company. Having worked in a large national or multi-national organization, you will have had a strong track record managing multi-disciplinary teams.
You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and have worked in organizations where you were accountable for delivering on corporate strategy, managing budgets, and developing operational efficiency.
You will have:
- Degree in Engineering (Process) – Business qualification or MBA would be an asset
- Minimum 15 years progressive experience managing transformational projects in a similar industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in direct operations leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and implementation of a shared services model from initial feasibility assessment to implementation and roll out
- Demonstrated experience running large transformational change projects, both on and offshore.
- Demonstrated experience building internal and external relationships which deliver improvements and efficiencies, and work across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated experience effectively using complex business analysis tools and techniques including cost benefit analysis, financial modelling and options appraisals
- Demonstrated experience working with process improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma or Kaizen) in a shared services environment
Crucially, you are well organized and structured with excellent interpersonal skills, a proven capability in complex problem solving, and the leadership of subject matter experts. You’ll have a natural ability to lead people, drive change and manage stakeholder relationships.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition.
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting