|Date Posted||March 17, 2017|
Esterline Control and Communication Systems New Product Introduction Manager (NPI Manager)
Location: Sylmar, Ca
The primary focus of this position is assuring that all manufacturing operations and processes result in meeting the highest standards of quality, schedule and cost performance. The NPI Manager is also responsible for being a Lean champion and implementing processes in support of the Esterline Operating System, and relentlessly pursue continuous improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assist with implementation and maintenance of environmental, health and safety policies, plans and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal health and safety regulations
- Cross Functional leadership of Operations and Planning functions in support of new product introduction.
- Works closely with program management, finance, and operations leadership to ensure schedule and cost attainment in the launch of new product.
- Responsible for managing the area production forecast and schedule attainment.
- Assures all manufacturing processes and operations result in 100% quality, 100% schedule adherence, while meeting and continuously improving cost standards.
- Continuously implement and improve application of Lean principles.
- Establish the highest levels of job performance, ethical behavior, and positive work environment and work disciplines for yourself and direct reports in accordance with company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Maintain inventory control and accuracy, 5S standards and general appearance, cleanliness and organization in area(s) of responsibility
- Implements and monitors metrics (including forward-looking) that guide the operation to success. Establish the means and methods of tracking performance and operational status in the area, and report this status to upper Management and direct reports as appropriate
- Ensure all environmental, health and safety standards are maintained
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Responsible for first-line direction of nonexempt employees involved in production, assembly, and/or fabrication operations
- Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources
- Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements
- Informs assigned employees of production and material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve problems affecting schedules
- Participates in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures
- Responsible for the hiring, training, employee motivation, counseling, and discipline of employees supervised
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of production equipment
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to use those skills with direct reports, peers, cross-functional team members, customers, and upper management
- General knowledge of all manufacturing, supply chain, and safety processes and specific knowledge in area of responsibility
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement Lean principles.
- Self-sufficient in all areas of responsibility
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Work well with others as an equal team member
- Safety conscious behavior
- Ability to set and implement strategic vision for department, tying to corporate objectives
Education & Experience:
* BA or BS degree, technical or engineering discipline preferred.
- This role requires a minimum of five years of experience in manufacturing and at least 2 years of production team supervisory/management experience
- Directing others
- Interpersonal savvy
- Motivating others
- Sizing up people
- Drive for results
- Fairness to direct reports
- Managerial courage
- Building effective teams
- Priority setting
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://esterline.contacthr.com/53733128.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://esterline.contacthr.com/53733128