|at Pontoon Solutions (view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, California|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
The Operational Excellence Director leads complex/global initiatives within Pontoon’s programs in order to drive excellence, efficiencies and to reduce the cost to serve. Using strong analytical, change management and Lean Six Sigma skills, this role aids in leading business change and transformations.
As part of a cross-functional team, this role works closely with the leadership team and colleagues, to solve large/complex business problems, to ensure the qualitative delivery, the high client satisfaction, the permanent process improvement and the identification/implementation of the right technologies. Responsible for overseeing multiple business projects in accordance with clients’ needs.
Project Management: Organizes/oversees our Pontoon Program’s transformation from the overall coordination, implementation of specific initiatives to the control of achieving our goals.
- Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, tasks and deliverables.
- Shapes the planning and implementation of the projects.
- Provides direction and support to Program teams.
- Tracks project KPIs and budget.
- Facilitates meetings and workshops.
- Constantly monitors and reports on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
Program Excellence: Responsible for improving processes, teaching Lean Six Sigma tools/methods and instilling Lean Six Sigma culture/practices within the workplaces.
- Leads multiple Lean Six Sigma initiatives. (DMAIC, VOC, VSM, SMED, etc.)
- Identifies client’s pain points and challenges.
- Articulates the problem, baselines current state, analyzes root cause, recommends improvements, and monitors results.
- Identifies and then implements best technologies and innovation to reduce the cost to serve.
- Participates in key data analyses.
- Creates process documentation and develop current LSS methodologies.
- Engages key stakeholders across the client/Pontoon’s organization to build relationships which enable the execution of all deliverables within this remit.
- Delivers trainings and appropriate materials.
- Communicates internal/external activities and results to ensure long-term buy-in across teams.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced degree or related certification, preferred but not required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of consulting experience in a top tier consulting firm working with complex business problems, preferred but not required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of proven experience as a Lean Six Sigma and Change manager with proven track record of efficiency achievements
- Lean Six Sigma certification: Green Belt
- Lean Six Sigma certification: Black Belt, preferred but not required
- Frequent travel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions.
- Ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Independent thinker and executor.
- Extremely nimble and ability to focus on several projects simultaneously.
- Resilient; capable of working alone or as part of a team in order to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Tenacious; ability to drive ideas through in a complex, matrix managed environment.
- High expertise in improving & implementing processes, measuring KPI’s and setting-up actions plans.
- High energy & results-driven, strong analytical and solution oriented attitude.
- Strong project management mind set and expertise.
- Sales and solutions oriented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.