|at Presidio Trust|
|Location||San Francisco, California|
|Date Posted||February 5, 2018|
The Presidio Trust is actively seeking two Operational Excellence Managers to lead internal focused improvement programs. Once an Army base, the Presidio is a unique national park located in San Francisco at the edge of the Golden Gate. With 1500 acres rich with history, nature, and open space, the Presidio contains hundreds of restored former military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies, including high tech start-ups, innovative non-profits, and other organizations that offer a welcoming mix of visitor experiences. On any given day at the Presidio, you’ll find organizations pursuing new ideas, scientists conducting research, and people of all ages volunteering, learning, playing, and exploring.
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished Lean and Six Sigma professional, and has a strong commitment to Operational Excellence. You enjoy the day to day challenge of driving change and developing continuous improvement skills in others, within all levels of an organization. You are adept at leading teams, and effectively influencing and communicating with internal customers.
Applications received by February 26th, 2018 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of March 5th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of March 12th, make a job offer in late-March, and set a work start date in April, 2018.
- Lead CI programs and projects throughout the Trust related to maintenance, finance, HR, business operations, etc.
- Act as an unwavering advocate of OE and CI (Lean and Six Sigma) tools and methodologies, provide mentorship and support to all employees, and influence the necessary culture changes.
- Assist in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Train and coach staff on the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies and support the OE team in building training materials.
- Advise managers, directors, and executives on gaps and opportunities for improvement across multiple divisions and between work groups.
- Develop and implement improvements to close performance gaps and implement best practices.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training, and workshops that drive cultural change.
- Lead the critical alignment of a project team to define problem statements.
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, and develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Drive value stream mapping to define and capture “As-Is” state and lead the development of the future state and proposed solutions to bridge the gap.
- Develop and facilitate full project documentation to meet goals and objectives of each identified project.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least five (5) years of relevant Lean Six Sigma experience with a demonstrated expertise in the successful implementation using Lean Six Sigma tools and methods, and at least two (2) years of project management experience
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (LEAN or DMAIC)
- Excellent planning and project management skills, as well as experience developing processes, writing procedures, mapping processes, and training project teams and staff
- Strong math, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation, and time management skills
- Experience motivating, influencing, and driving cultural change (Change Agent) with ability to think strategically and challenge current operational thinking to achieve project success
- Strong management, leadership, and team building skills
- Experience in successfully managing a broad portfolio of responsibilities for multiple diverse divisions within an organization
- Excellent customer relationship management skills (from staff level to C Suite)
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Proactive in ensuring safety and quality are considered in all activities, with strong desire to eliminate waste
- Maintenance and supervisory experience is desired.
- A PMP certification is a plus.
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE TEAM
Our Operational Excellence team is new, small, and growing. Our mission is to bring Continuous Improvement tools, methods, training and coaching to the entire Trust organization to support our drive towards operational excellence. We primarily focus on improving our internal operations so we can deliver excellent experiences to all park visitors, tenants, partners, and our amazing Trust staff. Our Operational Excellence department enables and supports all Trust staff in unleashing their talents to not only improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our work, but also to make the Presidio Trust an even better place to work.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Human Resources, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.