|at Medtronic (view profile)|
|Location||North Haven, Connecticut|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2018|
Careers that Change Lives
Your dedication to quality is important to our customers and, most importantly, to their patients. As an important member of Manufacturing team you will Lead the strategy development and continuous improvement deployment for OpEx across the North Haven Manufacturing Site Structure.
Do meaningful work, make a difference, and improve lives — starting with your own.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
You will manage the Operational Excellence function for the North Haven Operating Site within Surgical Innovations, MITG providing policy deployment and lean operating systems structure to meet North Haven Manufacturing site’s short and long term goals for improved quality performance, increased service levels and reduced COGS, contributing to SI operational efficiency and EHS performance exceeding MITG goals. This role supports ~$500MM cost of production which delivers ~$2.0B of revenue @ ~75% gross margin.
- Reports directly to the North Haven Site Engineering and Operational Excellence Director, and dotted line to the SI Operational Excellence Director.
- Direct reporting responsibility for site Operational Excellence Leaders.
- Establish and maintain site wide culture of continuous improvement and Operational excellence, including Site Leadership level Policy Deployment and Tiered Interactions.
- Site wide Coach and trainer for attainment of Opex Structure as defined within the Medtronic Operating System global operational excellence program.
- Manage short & long term vision and executional plans for the Operational Excellence function at the North Haven Operations Site.
- Manage Operational Excellence programs and efforts at the site for short and long term goals achievement, assuring culture and systems development in support of continuous improvement in cost and quality performance.
- Manage Lean Sigma Certification Programs (Green Belt/Black Belt) site wide, and assure resources are leveraged for site continuous improvement activities
- Manage Operational Excellence training programs and events throughout the site (DMAIC, A3 Problem Solving, First Time Quality, etc.), assuring training and events support site goals for continuous improvement
- Assure Operational Excellence training and programs are in place and managed to reduce operational costs by 5-7% yearly
- Ensure OPEX Employees and efforts fully support EHS efforts site wide assuring achievement of site/SI level goals and continuous improvement driving “best in class” results.
- Attract develop and retain a high performance technical staff.
- Coach, motivate and foster professional development of direct reports.
- Perform regular performance reviews with staff.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
BS degree in Engineering or scientific/technical discipline required plus Lean Sigma Black Belt certification or Equivalent
7 years+ experience in operations, which includes a minimum of 3 years of successful process improvement success and 2 years of managerial experience.
Solid understanding of Engineering, Project Management, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, Financial acumen.
Ability to manage cross functionally with direct and indirect influence
Ability to Coach and facilitate individually and at the large scale level
Advanced skills in statistical software packages
OpEx/Lean Six Sigmna/PMI certifications
Nice to Have
The Opex Manager for North Haven Site Operations is responsible for building site level goals and execution plans in support of the Manufacturing Focus Factories and other shared service organizations within the plant structure. Close working relationships and consensus building are required with all other Site management staff (FF Managers, Finance, Quality, etc…).
The Manager of Opex for North Haven Site Operations is responsible for the coordination of processes and resources in cross-functional, operations activities within the North Haven site.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.