|at Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) (view profile)|
|Location||Rancho Cucamonga, California|
|Date Posted||March 9, 2018|
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 1,700 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us!
Under the general direction of the Sr. Director of Process Improvement, the Process Improvement Facilitator III will work closely with front line leaders and teams on day to day continuous improvement, A3 thinking and Managing for Daily Improvements (MDI’s) with the use of Lean process improvement tools and methodologies. The Process Improvement Facilitator III will plan, implement and facilitate the work activity of the unit to accomplish goals and objectives, facilitate team decisions, resolve team conflict and assist in the development of implementation action plans, including follow-up.
Consults and coaches others in the development of their Lean leadership competencies and assists leadership in promoting and leading Lean across the organization. Leads the facilitation of improvement projects and events of a complex nature with minimal oversight, including assessment, planning and follow-up. May be responsible for oversight of multiple Value Streams. Meets quality standards and the production of expected deliverables during all phases of the event and project life cycle. Supports the development of leader standard work for a linked checking system and a linked learning system that connects senior management work to that of the front lines. Assists leadership in identifying appropriate opportunities and metrics for successful Lean transformation. Prioritizes Process Improvement resources to align with strategic initiatives. Accountable for leading key improvement efforts across enterprise-wide value streams using established Lean best practices, standard work processes, methods and tools. Ensures the implementation and management system as part of all Kaizen events to support sustainability. Coaches and mentors Leadership teams in establishing and maintaining the strategic focus area, action plans, dashboards and linked measurement system to execute the work. Monitors external trends and how they impact the organization, as well as provides external context to inform the development of interactions. Establish effective working relationships and maintain communication with key executive and senior level business and clinical leaders. Any other duties as required to ensure Health Plan operations are successful.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year institution preferred.
- 3-6 years of demonstrated experience, at a professional level, in process/project management including participation in improvement projects or operations and 5+ years in a dedicated Lean role.
- Experience leading change management initiatives at an enterprise level required.
- Project Management experience required, Lean, Six Sigma or other problem solving methodology preferred.
- Must have familiarity and aptitude in the use of small group and adult learning techniques, certified trainer or group facilitator preferred.
- Prior health care experience preferred.
- Knowledge of LEAN tools and methodologies, including A3 thinking, Kaizen events, value stream mapping and Lean technical concepts such as 5S, quality, flow and visual systems.
- Experience with advanced Lean technical concepts such as level loading, pull, mistake proofing and rapid changeover.
- Must possess leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated skills in successfully working with and motivating diverse work teams, including group process facilitation, change management and conflict resolution.
- Skilled in teaching improvement concepts and principles to diverse audiences from Senior Management to frontline staff.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening) with ability to interact effectively.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public speaking and to varied audiences. Ability to read and interpret data and translate data into meaningful information to shape work at both the department and enterprise level.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Able to perform complex tasks, prioritize multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.