|at New York Power Authority (view profile)|
|Location||White Plains, New York|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
- Provide direct support to the Manager Process Excellence by assuming the role of a project leader on multiple, complex process improvement projects.
- Launch projects that have been assigned by the Manager of Process Excellence.
- Educate project team members on process improvement methods & tools.
- Create a specific project plan from the DMAIC template.
- Schedule & execute tollgates with key stakeholders using a RACI chart.
- Manage the project using best practice and NYPA-standard process improvement and project management and methods & tools.
- Create & present a project storyboard to clearly explain the what, why & how the project the completed.
- Solicit feedback on project leadership performance and continuously improve the project leadership process.
- Build relationships with key business executives leaders.
- Build a pipeline of valuable projects that can be easily prioritized because the benefits have been clearly defined and quantified.
- Participate in the development, improvement, implementation and training of standardized process improvement methods.
- Identify strategies to embed a culture of process excellence throughout the organization.
- Assist in the identification of appropriate core metrics, including key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), performance measures and process controls to control significant business processes
- Assess organizational change readiness, perform needs assessments. Work closely with business unit subject matter experts, training them as “change agents”
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple large-scale and complex projects
- Ability to set and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Overall sound business acumen with the ability to find the simplest, best path to solutions
- Advanced analytical and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated competence in collecting and analyzing data, and developing appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Extensive experience in analyzing business processes
- Demonstrated experience in business process modeling, as well as in process improvement methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including oral, written, facilitation, mediation, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional negotiation and interviewing skills
- Proven track record of interacting with all areas of the business
- Proven facilitator of process improvement and change management
- Proven ability to work within and independently facilitate cross-functional teams and work groups.
- Ability to work independently as well to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Strategic Planning or technology-related discipline.
- Graduate Degree in a Business-related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a business-related field or analytical function.
- Minimum of 5 years of increased responsibility leading process improvement projects.
- Process improvement systems certification in Six Sigma, Lean or other BPI methodology.
- Certification in a Project Management discipline, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- Utility industry experience preferred; NYPA experience a plus.