|Date Posted||April 14, 2017|
Job Summary The Program Manager works closely with Engineering Department Managers to achieve department goals of on-schedule, on-budget deliveries of hardware, software, electronics, and data items. The Program Manager is responsible for major programs from receipt of contract through final delivery of production documentation package to Manufacturing/Operations.
* Disseminates program requirements to each department in the company.
- Utilizing Microsoft Project as the primary scheduling tool, Program Manager coordinates, directs and controls all activities necessary to achieve satisfactory program completion within schedule and budget constraints.
- Conducts periodic meetings with various departments in order to review program milestones. At the Program Manager’s discretion, meetings may be within the purview of Mason’s Concurrent Product Development Guidelines or outside these guidelines.
- Reviews, discusses and resolves program issues with the various departments at Mason Electric.
- Obtains ultimate goals for the program through prompt identification of high risk conditions and employs trade-off studies, in cooperation with other Engineering Department members, to mitigate risk.
- Teams with Finance, Contract Administration and Sales and Marketing to assist negotiations with program customer on pre-award contract terms and conditions, and post-award changes-of-scope to existing programs.
- Primary customer interface on major post-award engineering development contracts.
- Prepares and presents Monthly Program Reviews to Senior Management to review status of schedule, financial, risk mitigation, manpower loading, and other aspects of each major program. Utilizes Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations.
- Prepares and presents, using Microsoft PowerPoint and other means, Program Reviews for customer representatives either at Mason Electric or customer-designated sites.
- Creates and maintains an updated Subcontractor Data Requirements List (SDRL) database which includes pricing and delivery lead-times.
- Contributes module writing to proposal efforts when appropriate.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates Program Office policies, procedures and standards.
- Develops, implements, and maintains metrics to evaluate Program Office performance.
- Performs other related duties which may be assigned
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
* Proven ability to manage cross-functional resources to meet customer requirements for deliverables, on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage and support multiple programs simultaneously
- Familiar with Work Breakdown Structure generation
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Project
Esterline Competencies Customer Focus Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service. Ethics and Values Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others. Problem Solving Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions. Integrity and Trust Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful. Functional/Technical Skills Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment. Listening Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others. Action-oriented Full of energy, willing to take action. Composure Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence Values Diversity Supports fair and equal treatment for all. Approachability Easy to talk to, able to put others at ease. Directing Others Sets direction, distributes work, lays out clear plans, is organized. Interpersonal Savvy Relates well to others and can build rapport across the organization Motivating Others Empowers others, creates a climate in which people want to do their best, shares ownership and visibility. Sizing Up People Good judge of talent; sees the importance of effectively using each person’s strengths.
Organizing Able to orchestrate effective use of all available resources. Planning Ability to develop schedules and task/people assignments.
Priority Setting Able to quickly zero in on the critical few leaving the trivial many. Building Effective teams Knows when and how to use teams and uses them effectively. Managerial Courage Takes appropriate action when necessary; faces up to problem people or situations. Fairness to Direct Reports Treats employees as adults and maintains equitable relationships Drive for Results Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Five to eight years Program Management experience in a fast-paced Aerospace/Defense environment.
- BS in technical field a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://esterline.contacthr.com/54441577.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://esterline.contacthr.com/54441577