|at Quest Diagnostics (view profile)|
|Location||Teterboro, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2018|
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager – Patient Services is to support Patient Services while implementing/executing system-related initiatives and enhancements for a single project or multiple small projects. This person will work closely with the Business Units to ensure solid alignment when implementing initiatives/enhancements in Patient Service Centers and In-Office Phlebotomists (IOPs).
- Project Management: Develops and manages project plans for a single project or multiple small projects. Identifies and incorporates best practices, and ensures rational sequencing and accurate time estimation of activities. Integrates project plans and recommends the allocation of staff and project resources. Collaborates with local BU Patient Services project managers. Monitors and ensures project plan milestones are met. Identifies key success criteria for the project/initiative.
- Development: Participates in the development of Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Design Review, etc., as new functionality is development by the various IT groups. Acts as an advocate for the BUs and obtains their VOC over the course of developing requirements.
- Workflow/Process: Collaborates with local BU Patient Services project managers to perform workflow analysis and identify initiative impacts and process redesign required to ensure Patient Services maintains productivity, quality and service excellence. Identifies/formulates project metrics.
- Training: Owns the Patient Services training program for his/her initiatives. Ensures the training design is efficient and effective. Maintains the master documents/files. Collaborates with other subject matter experts and leverages eLearning where appropriate to deliver end user or train-the-trainer sessions at the local Business Unit. Includes the Help Desk in training as appropriate.
- Testing: Owns User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for his/her initiatives. Collaborates with National Patient Services colleagues and local BU Patient Services project managers to customize the UAT plan, recruit the participants, execute the plan and effectively report issues for resolution.
- Launch Preparation: Develops and leads execution of tasks required for launch preparation. Creates plans for Day-One communication and escalation plans.
- Launch Support: assumes the lead for Patient Services in daily monitoring and troubleshooting for the first 30-90-days after go-live.
- Reporting/Communication: responsible to provide regular (weekly/monthly) analysis and reporting on progress of initiatives. Supports local BU Patient Services project managers in providing guidance on reporting metrics for the Initiative. Provide analysis of key success criteria.
- Support Initiative: persist as Subject Matter Expert on initiatives that he/she implements.
- Develop New Functionality/Processes: Utilize project/process management tools to process map current and planned functionality, capture steps in the process and document learnings to get to end state. Complete for single project or multiple small projects.
- Other project management duties, as assigned.
- BS degree, Masters preferred
- LEAN/Six Sigma: Green Belt Certification
- 7 to 10 years work experience in a related industry, preferably with a company engaged in diagnostic testing.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience supervising customer service, phlebotomy, logistics and/or technical employees in support of physician and hospital clients.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Knowledge of Patient Services processes and systems, including systems used in Q-Suite Patient Service Centers and IOPs.
- Demonstrated project management effectiveness:
- Manage multiple small projects and people, specifically in an organizational matrix
- Deliver results on-time, on-budget
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and process analysis/workflow skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team leadership/group facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed diplomatic skills
- Work effectively both independently and within a team
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Presentation skills
Other: > 50 % travel required. Occasional after-hours support may be required.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.