|Location||Paso Robles, CA|
|Date Posted||September 13, 2017|
Quality Inspector, Esterline Connection Technologies
Reports to: VP Supply Chain & Quality Systems
Location: Esterline Connection Technologies: Sunbank, Paso Robles Ca.
Type: Full-time, Regular
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Esterline Connection Technologies is a world leader in the harsh environment interconnect solutions market with a culture of operational excellence. We design, manufacture and market high performance and high reliability interconnect solutions for the aviation, defense, space, energy, and transportation markets.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for the testing and inspection of products in accordance to all specifications, and to review and record associated supporting documentation. The Quality Inspector performs receiving, first article, in process, cell audit, and final inspection. Works with minimum supervision from part blueprints, inspection instructions and specifications.
Primary Responsibilities* Quality Assurance Plans, auto-control and SPC processes, training and audits.
* Perform inspections based on job priorities as determined by department supervision.
* Follow the inspection check sheets and apply the correct sampling plans per QA procedures.
* Perform first article inspections (FAIR) when required.
* Complete all required test data sheets and other inspection forms and records as required.
* Maintain QA files by timely and accurate filing of QA documentation (PO’s, certifications, prints, etc.).
* Assist QA Management in training and support of other Inspectors.
* Perform other related duties when assigned by Management.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements* Completed high school or equivalent
* Minimum three years inspection (or related) experience and minimum of two years experience with listed equipment and tools
* Precision measuring tools; calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, fixed thread gages (rings and plugs) special test equipment: X-ray equipment in plating for plating thickness and raw material verification, electrical testing of M28840 connector components, Etc., computer business system, terminals and bar code stations, desktop personal computer (Microsoft Office).
* Read and interpret blue prints, specification and inspection instruction. Interpret and analyze Statistical Process Control charts (SPC software on personal computer). Capable of performing calibration verification.
* Working knowledge of blueprints, machining specifications, product specifications, and precision measuring tools.
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control.
* Working knowledge of calibration verification. Working knowledge of computer business system, terminals and bar code stations.
* Working knowledge of desktop personal computer, intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc).
A demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, long-term problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, values diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: