|at Charles River Laboratories|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2018|
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Finance Business Process to support our Corporate Finance Team located in Wilmington, MA.
The Senior Director, Finance Business Process will provide finance business process and PMO leadership to Global Finance by developing and executing strategies to achieve finance objectives through the effective use of technology and project management, partnering with the Integration Management Office (IMO), global finance, business operations, IT delivery and IT PMO.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for a global finance business process team to support Global Finance and the IMO, including but not limited to: integrating acquisitions into all financial systems, supporting the future roll outs of the ERP system to legacy non ERP sites and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Build a business process organization under the office of the CAO that creates a network of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the business to deploy on projects and interact with other stakeholders.
- Establish a team to oversee the operations of the finance business process group, drive process improvement initiatives, and foster a customer service culture, including the development of tools and methods for project deliverables and reporting on KPIs.
- Chair the Finance Systems and Strategic Initiatives working committee for finance including business systems, business process improvements and other organic projects.
- Gather requirements to define and own the roadmap for finance ERP enhancements and roll-outs of ERP to legacy businesses. Create a pipeline of continuous improvement opportunities to enhance efficiencies for business process and ERP utilization.
- Facilitate documentation of all business process work streams (O2C, P2P & R2R), partnering with the business, Procurement and Shared Service Centers (SSC) to create the network of SMEs who will actively participate in projects and create business process documentation working with the Business Process Analysts.
- Evaluate potential tools for process documentation repository.
- Develop a roadmap in collaboration with Corporate Finance and SSCs’ for harmonization of process globally for O2C, P2P and R2R.
- Partner with global finance to meet key goals and support decision making. Communicate effectively with senior leadership.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risk associated with business and system decisions. Help mitigate potential problems with IT delivery.
- Provide leadership and development for the business process team. Establish & monitor departmental and individual goals and development plans.
- Foster the spirit of communication, collaboration and continuous improvement within the organization leveraging new or existing business systems.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements for the Senior Director, Finance Business Process position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ten to twelve years of combined project management and Finance experience in a large or midsized multinational company. Broad and deep knowledge in finance business processes and technologies, including skills in SAP, and other financial consolidation systems, including global ERP implementations and business process architecture.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.