|at MERCK & COMPANY INC.|
|Date Posted||March 13, 2017|
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Senior Specialist, Lean/Six Sigma
DeSoto, KS Job
Under the direction of General Manager, the Senior Specialist will work on driving continuous improvement at the shop floor, site and cross-site level to improve quality, lead time, capacity, and, or cost through application of Lean/Six Sigma tools (via the MMD Integrated Toolkit).
The Senior Specialist will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Installation and Continous Improvement of Merck Production Systems (MPS), including Tier processes, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping and Hoshin planning.
- Providing leadership and guidance on the integration of MPS, Six Sigma, Change Execution Methodology (CEM), Behavioral Coaching & Consequence Management (BCCM), Inclusion and Process Management systems to achieve business objectives
- Utilizing Lean, MPS and Six Sigma skills, tools and techniques to analyze and improve business processes and Product Value Streams, to enable improved business results and behavioral changes within the organization
- Providing teaching and coaching to build self-sustaining Lean capabilities, realizing on-going improvement and cultural change within the sites
- Lead the Knowledge Management efforts through close collaboration and partnership all levels of the organization
- Serve as the link between the sites and network MPS team within Merck Animal Health
- Position will support three manufacturing sites: De Soto, KS, Worthington MN and Ames, IA.
- BA/BS degree in Biological Sciences, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in manufacturing environments
- Hands on experience with Lean/Six Sigma tools and application
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Outstanding influencing, listening, coaching and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and be member of high performing teams
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of the organization
- Hands on experience with application of most of the Merck Integrated toolkit: Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques,
- Change Execution Methodology, Standardized Work, Scientific Problem Solving (PDCA,) Inclusion, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), SMED, Mistake Proofing, 5S, BCCM, Visual Factory, DMAIC
- Demonstrated application of culture and business change methodologies (Change Execution, Inclusion and Behavioral
- Coaching and Consequence Management) when realizing site and cross functional process improvement initiatives
- Strong business acumen with the ability to develop business case scenarios and business benefits
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt
- Exceptional presentation and group facilitation skills
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at merck.com/careers, search jobs, create a profile and submit your resume for requisition # OE/000440 to:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.