|at Gemological Institute of America (view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2018|
Provide project management for Global IT initiatives by performing the following functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scope projects and programs from stakeholder input of requirements and specifications.
- Manage global programs and project tasks with allocated resources and budget using Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Build and manage project documentation along with reporting.
- Ensure the participation and commitment of project stakeholders for IT related projects.
- Effectively define, communicate, and gain stakeholder agreement on the scope of every assigned project.
- Establish and maintain a Business Relationship Management role with assigned lines of business and/or global locations.
- Manage changes to the project scope, timeline, and budget while ensuring the project is correctly authorized.
- Create and execute program and project work plans and revises, as appropriate, to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources and skills needed to complete the project requirements.
- Develop budget documentation based upon the strategic priorities of the project.
- Manage budgeted expenses for projects, while working closely with involved GIA department resources to ensure that messaging, communication, and budget requirements are met.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including scope and resources.
- Review deliverables prepared by project leadership.
- Apply company and department methodology effectively to enforce project standards.
- Prepare program and project status review documentation.
- Facilitate identification of program and project risks and prepare remediation plans.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and distributed appropriately.
- Track the status of all assigned projects to ensure that they are on track and on budget.
- Manage multiple, highly-detailed projects simultaneously, bringing them to completion within expected timeframes. Manage the development and completion of program elements within related time lines.
- Collaborate effectively with all GIA departments to ensure project delivery and resolve technical and business issues related to the project.
- Ensure consistent use of GIA Project Management framework in all IT initiatives.
- Communicate, cooperate, and interact with the team effectively and professionally.
- Perform supporting duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Manage project based resources for conflict resolutions, escalations, and temp hiring
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong knowledge of project techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to run large scale projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large portfolio of projects.
- Good understanding of business processes, IT concepts and practices, enterprise architecture, and student life cycles.
- Ability to influence and lead the team to the desired goal.
- Ability to build teams and team work culture.
- Ability to apply time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e-mail.
- Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively to senior management and peers.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner within established budgets while achieving quality results.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflict when necessary.
- Ability to make sound business decisions and able to accurately balance risks with business needs.
- Proven analytical/critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to make decisions, delegate work, resolve conflict and negotiate with vendors and other stake holders in the project during the execution of the project.
- Proven leadership ability, strong tactical skills and exceptional service orientation while balancing customer requirements as well as internal project deliverables/scope.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven project management experience deploying customer specific solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, technology or related field.
- Four years’ experience in project management, preferably in Business, Education and IT environments working closely with business applications, reporting, and technical infrastructure
- Extensive experience in managing multiple IT-related projects.
- PMP or similar project management certification required.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is required
- Experience working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks is a plus (TOGAF, ZACHMAN, SOA)