|at 3FORTY3 (view profile)|
|Location||New York City, NY|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2017|
3FORTY3 is a retained executive search firm. Our Client is a NYC based tech startup creating an efficient system to enable local merchants to outsource last mile deliveries to their customers. They have been growing at an incredibly fast pace since starting in 2014 and currently have over 300 employees, execute 50,000+ local deliveries per month, and support ~100 brands in local delivery (the clear majority of which are in the restaurant industry).
Reporting to the CEO, the SVP of Operations oversees day-to-day operations of Field Operations (Real-time delivery operations, Courier hiring/training, HR, Mobile Command Stations, Equipment and Maintenance, Field Processes), Special Projects team, Customer Service team, and potentially the Sales and Account Management teams.
The SVP of Ops will support and develop the growth of each of these teams, adding to the company’s bottom line. The SVP of Ops will also focus on strategic planning and goal-setting, and direct the operations of the company in support of its goals; measuring progress and adjusting processes accordingly.
• Works directly with the CEO to establish long-term and short-term operational and financial goals • Deliver strong operational performance by providing vision and clarity.
• Properly set expectations and manage senior staff on all teams to ensure high quality performance and continuous improvement of processes.
• Deliver ongoing tactical support for Field Operations (Courier hiring/training, HR, Truck teams, Equipment and Maintenance, Field Processes), Special Projects, Customer Service Team, and potentially the Sales and Account Management teams and other direct and indirect reports.
• Lead the budget and forecast process for a key business segment from an operational perspective to ensure effective operations (quality and service) and optimum profitability.
• Drive succession planning strategies. Define critical training and development needs and partner with Human Resources and Training to execute key recruitment, training, and development programs.
• Focus on retaining existing business and building base business. Provide support to key business retention efforts from an operational perspective.
• Assist operational personnel in planning to drive optimal performance on new field operation expansion.
• Review financial performance; Understand variance from plans (+/-) and create action plans while holding the team accountable.
• Work with Human Resources on workforce planning to assure adequate and appropriate staffing levels of the subsidiaries to meet current and future manpower needs through participation in the selection, development and motivation of key managers ensuring the development and growth of management talent in operations.
• 10 years of experience in an Executive/Senior Management Role
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certification strongly preferred.
• Experience in managing and scaling processes and systems with software (both custom and developed solutions) • Experience managing other senior level operations members
• Well-versed in strategic planning and operational execution
• Excellent communicator and dynamic presenter.
• Ability to lead, motivate and direct with clear communication.
• An analytical problem solver with experience and proven accomplishments in a fastpaced environment.
• Adept and comfortable managing through frequent change.